- Servings: 8-12
|4 cans||Low Sodium Chicken Stock|
|2 pt||Heavy Whipping Cream|
|6||Pieces of Bacon|
|1 bunch||Green Onion|
|1 pkg||Shredded Cheddar Cheese|
|Hot Mustard Powder|
- Coat the bottom of a soup pot with olive oil; turn you burner on med-high
- Dice bacon and add to pot.
- After the bacon is crisp dice the onion, carrots and celery and cook them in the pot until the oinion is translucent.
- Cube the potatos and add to pot when onions are ready. Constantly stir until potatos are slightly tender. Add a teaspoon of mustard and nutmeg. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add stock and allow mixture to come to a boil.
- When potatos are tender add the cream. Again bring this mixture to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When this mixture beins to boil bring the heat down to meidum-low and allow to simmer, and reduce down for about 20 minutes.
- Chop the green onions and add. Mix thoroughly.
- Add half of the cheese; incorporate fully. Add the rest and incorporate.
- Mix the soup to combine everything; salt and peper to taste.
- Allow to simmer for another 10-15 minutes and serve.
You do not need the nutmeg or hot mustard, but I think it adds something that salt and pepper don't.